I AM THE WELL 1

This last chapter ends with a reminder that we already know many of these lessons, but the challenge now is to continually to put them into conscious practice.

This is not something that is done online with the mind or just mental discipline. This is about spiritual awareness, opening and openness to the truth of who you are, releasing any conflict with that. Releasing doubt, releasing fear. Francis's prayer made this very clear “Lord make me an instrument of your peace.” Just take that in for a moment. Imagine what that would be like that to be instrument of your peace.

What would it be like to apply that to current situations in our lives? Our opinions of who is to be elected and why or on a smaller scale our relationships with our family, our coworkers. What would it be like to be an instrument of peace and how often what I need to stop for and change the direction of my thoughts?

“Now allow us to work with you.
“I am receiving myself as healed of those attachments to anything and everything that have bound me to any unforgiveness of the self or others. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”

And we will work with you as we are permitted and as you align to us.
“I am now receiving myself as the beneficiary of healing. I am receiving the willingness to release that which has bound me. Word I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”

I find this quite challenging when I apply it practically to my life. It is nice to read; it is pleasant to think nice thoughts, but it is challenging when we find ourselves in the nitty-gritty of life.
**************

We begin a new chapter title “I Am the Well. Throughout this section we will be encouraged to hold the image of being a deep well that is connected to Source, and because we are connected to the source, the flow of this water, this “living water”* or Grace is infinite, There are no limits.

The message here is also quite simple and one we have heard many times before and that is to look within. Now many times when we attempt to look within it is almost as if we are seeking something inside our bodies but obviously that is not the case. When we speak of looking then within what is t first required is that we quiet ourselves—we let ourseves silence some of the inner churning of our thoughts and emotions. And then we open ourselves to the connection with the divine that we already know exists although we forget that sometimes. And when we open ourselves to this inner awareness we can pray or ask our questions and within the silence allow them to be answered for us.


Instead of trying to figure out the answer with our minds, we ask the divine self within us to supply us with information and direction we are looking for.

This chapter begins by talking about what we need, or we might even say, what we think we need in order to be whole or complete or healed. Here is where we can become very confused, because there are many things the outside world that disguise themselves as being the Truth. It is kind of like Alice in Wonderland out there, everything saying “eat me, buy me, drink me” and I will give you peace. I will give you rest; I will give you your hearts desire. 
I am reminded of that wonderful saying of Jesus “Come today come to me all you labor and are burden and I will give you rest” —get that I will give you rest. And so what we are being asked to do it is to honestly look at what and we need what we think we need and begin to realize that our needs can only be satisfied by aligning ourselves with the Source. And with the imagery in mind of this chapter it means knowing we are that deep well of consciousness full of love and that we are forever connected to the Source.

We are not being denied the simple pleasures of life, of being affirmed and connected to other people, but we are being asked to notice that these needs are what the book calls an “out-picturing” of what is already within us.


“Now we will simplify this again. We are telling you very simply that the need for love as out-pictured and required from another is, in many ways, an affirmation of your own lack of love. So we want to work today very, very simply on anchoring your own love of self in the physical body, in the physical experience that you stand in. The reason for this is that it is impossible, in truth, to give love when you do not have it to give. And we want to offer you this: You have it, you do have it, it is present within you regardless of what your experience is, and we want you to help the self to understand how to receive it from you.”

The book continues with this imagery of this deep well and above the well there is this picture a bleak and barren landscape where nothing is growing and the earth is parched and dry. (I believe for most of us the landscape is not totally barren or dry because there are some areas of deep love an awareness in our lives. In fact, it would be very difficult for us to be here if there was no awareness of love and life.) But back again to need or what we are here for and this is truly to be One with the source, to flow with that Oneness, to experience that to allow that dry and barren landscape to be for life.

“I am now choosing to realize that within me there is a wellspring of love. There is a wellspring of love that I am able to access and call to me and drink from. And as I become aware of this in my consciousness, my belief in my own lovability is exchanged for a deep knowing that I am in the well of love. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”

We are being encouraged to open ourselves again to the realization of our perfection in God's eyes, and to know that all of the objections that we might come up with are simply a reflection of our fears. And as we allow ourselves to be aware of those fears, to release them or to allow them to be released, or being willing to let go of them, that we are essentially chipping away this hard and barren ground so that we can begin to expose the Wellspring of life that is within us.


“I am now choosing to realize that within me there is a wellspring of love. There is a wellspring of love that I am able to access and call to me and drink from. And as I become aware of this in my consciousness, my belief in my own lovability is exchanged for a deep knowing that I am in the well of love. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2