THE ANSWER 2

                          

p. 345-348

I apologize for being  much too talkative this morning.

I was picking up a lot of energy around the question book that we covered last week. The person asking,

“I’ve been reading this book so far, and I can’t feel it. Is there something wrong with me?”

Questions like that spark something inside of me and perhaps this is a very deep lesson that I need to learn as well,  and that is that my feelings do not define who I am nor do they define my spiritual state. The majority of responses to life situations that I call feelings, are internal reactions to thoughts, ideas and patterns of behavior that might be very unconscious to me but are still there. They are the responses of my personality self, many times to another person’s personality self. They are real in the sense that we experienced them, but they are not real in the sense that they define the truth.

The question I asked in the beginning of class was, “What is the difference between my personality self and my divine nature?” The first answer that came from that was that “My personality self is a reflection of my ego or my limited consciousness whereas the divine self is a reflection of unlimited love, the Christ consciousness.

It is sometimes surprising and maybe even a bit depressing to realize how much time and consciousness I spend in identifying with my personalities self. After years on working with this one, I have come to us sense that this whole pattern of awareness and unawareness, waking and sleeping, consciousness and unconsciousness is an essential part of this earthly journey. And that as we continue to work on ourselves and allow grace to work with us there are two major realizations/transformation that can take place within us. One is that when I come out of self-centered forgetfulness, I can either rejoice and be grateful for being awake again or I can beat myself up for falling asleep. Obviously it is much more beneficial to live in the gratefulness rather than negativity that produces even more of a sense Of separateness. The other phenomenon that occurs is that there becomes less and less space between the time that I spend in forgetfulness or sleeping. In other words I still forget or become identified with my personality self, but I don't spend as much time there (in that limited consciousness) as I might have before. Once we have experienced awakening we do not fully fall asleep again we can doze off, but not for long.

I'm reminded of an expression that is used in AA quite often telling people that “We will take the fun out of your drinking.” In other words once you become aware that you have a problem, you really can't become unaware of that. You can run from it, you can pretend it's not there, but you can never really make it go away.

To sum all of that up, feelings do not define who you are nor do they define your spiritual state. They never have any never will. 


Many of us grew up with a mistaken mythology concerning feelings and the presence of God or our experiences with spirituality. This mistaken notion looks something like this: “I feel good therefore I must be good, and God is smiling on. Of course the opposite is also true, that if I feel bad that I must be there and God is frowning on. Somehow or another I must've done something wrong to create the sense of separateness.”

Even the apostle Paul, who sometimes spends a lot of energy making rules and regulations, had this to say about the closeness of God and love:
“ I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor Angels, nor Authorities, nor Powers, nor things present, nor things future, Nor height, nor depth, neither any other created thing, shall be able to sever me from the love of God…”

***We finally began today’s lesson with the question: 

“Where do I go when I die?”

As I sat with this question and the answer(s) I was overwhelmed by the vastness of this whole thing. Sure we all realize that what we call death is simply the dropping of our physical form, and that the essence of who we are continues on this journey. I also became aware that these beings we are calling the guides do not have a physical form and yet are also growing and evolving in their own way. And then there is this whole sense of reincarnation, life on the other worlds, in other dimensions. It is all too vast to be encompassed by the intellect.

Do you see the only way that the ego can feel safe is by predicting future and controlling it. Somehow even if it succeeds in doing that, that sense of safety only lasts for a moment because then I have to control and predict the next moment, and the next moment. Do you see how living out of that state of mind keeps us in constant fear and turmoil?

A being by the name of Emmanuel who speaks through a channel name Pat Rodegast says this, “Death is perfectly safe. It is like taking off the shoe that is fitting you too tightly.”

I'll leave you without one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2