AWARENESS IN RELATIONSHIPS AND CONSCIOUS STRUCTURES OF LOVE #1

As I began thinking about this blog, the words to a song came into my mind. "I feel it in my fingers; I feel it in my toes; Love is all around me and so the felling grows. It's written on the wind; it's everywhere I go.." )from "Love is All Around."

As you can tell, even though the writer is using the word "feeling" the sentiment is beyond the five regular senses we use--he's talking much more about vibration than feeling.

This chapter introduces us to a deeper aspect of love. 
Although it seems to be left-brained, I would like to share some definitions of love I have come across in my travels, each one has an quality or point of view that can be meaningful.

The first one I came across was from a book by Robert Heinlein titled "Stranger in a Strange Land."(one of those books that was part of the Hippie Bible in the '60's).
"Love is that state when someone else's happiness is essential to your own." Initially I thought that was wonderful, but in the '80's it seemed to be horribly co-dependent. Recently I have reevaluated my assessment, and I realize this "definition" has much more merit than I thought a few years ago. You can decide for yourself how this one might fit for you.

The next one I adopted came to me when I was grieving the loss of my father and also trying to console my Mom at the same time. The psychiatrist Sheldon Koop in his book If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him stated, "Sometimes love means living with the helpless knowing that you can do nothing about another person's pain." I am moved to add to that, "Except to be there for them." 
There are times when all we can do is be present for the one we love. Words and perhaps even actions in the face of grief or other pain can be rather meaningless, yet the selfless offer of our presence, even if it is painful and uncomfortable can, be priceless.

Finally, Scott Peck in The Road Less Travelled states, "Love is the ability to stretch oneself for one's own spiritual growth or the growth of another." Get a feel for that one; get a sense of the vibration and frequency of that one. Notice that stretching doesn't always feel good. It is willingness and intention that makes this "definition" work.

*****************

We did not get too far into this chapter--I talked too much--but a few pieces stand out for me. 

In terms of relationships (and everything is a relationship--your relationship withe yourself,       With your friends, relatives, etc. your relationship with your environment, with your past, etc.), keep this idea in mind:
“Now if you have a relationship that is not operating well, the thoughts that you have created prior to entering the relationship are the things that have created the situation that you are in now.”



Here is a powerful concept. It is our thoughts (not our feelings) which create. I am reminded of that wonderful one-liner from ACIM--"I could see peace instead of this." Or "Choose once again." 

“The moment you understand that the consequences of past thought are the reasons you don’t feel embodied in this moment is the moment you become aware that you can embody, because those thoughts that were created in knowing on a higher level can bypass and can recreate your emotions, your responses, and the relationships that you have in your personal life.”

I would encourage all of us to explore the relationships in our lives in terms of awareness and vibration, and especially examine those which do not seem to be working the way we would like.
How can I raise the vibration of this relationship? How can I raise the vibration of my thoughts about this relationship?

"I feel it in my fingers...."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2