HELP 2

p. 243-247

(As I read this over, it sounded quite dull compared to the class on Sunday. You might want to give it a listen; we had some good laughs).

CLICK ON "CLASS RECORDING" BELOW TO LINK INOT THE RECORDING.


This was an extremely powerful section, and most of that power goes beyond words.

We talked about how easy it is to become lost or asleep or unaware. It is easy to get wrapped up the situations of life and too closely identify with them. I used myself as an example: Our heat went out last weekend and we have many difficulties keeping in touch with the repair people. (It just so happened it was the coldest weekend of the year.) So we went from Saturday morning until Tuesday evening waiting on getting our heat pump fixed. Much of that time without a clue if anyone was going to show up. By the time Tuesday morning rolled around, even though I had held it together for a while, I became an angry person who is simply trying to get his furnace fixed. That became my identity. At that time I could have read all of these nice things and affirmations in this chapter but they would have been rather meaningless because the self I was identified with was not really who I am and was primarily an illusion. ( a very potent illusion—when you are cold, hungry, angry, lonely, etc. it is quite simple to fall into that limited identity.

So when I became aware again that I am a divine child of God, unconditionally loved, not simply someone who is cold and angry I realized that it is only with my awareness of my divine nature that I can begin to touch the truth of these prayers and affirmations. 

I think it is probably the destiny of most of us on this journey on planet Earth to go through cycles awareness and unawareness, of waking and sleeping, and doing this until we are fully awake or what some people might referred to as enlightened–that is, being fully aware the light that IS.

Until then we will cycle through periods waking and sleeping. It came to me that there are a few major lessons to be learned from this. One is, that after a period of unawareness or sleep, when we become aware again, to rejoice in that awareness, to be grateful, to be thankful for it.

What happens so often is when I become aware again or awake again, I beat myself up for falling asleep. Now not only is that terribly nonproductive, but also I began to wonder wouldn’t the soul be rather reluctant to wake up if it knows it is just going to get beat up. 
Another thing to keep in mind is I believe that the soul continues to learn and grow even though the mind might be in a state of forgetfulness. Also to begin to use our states of awareness, of awakening, as times in our lives we can really focus on awareness itself. Practicing almost a zen-like kind of concentration. We are we are literally practicing awareness and by doing so I believe we can truly expand those times of wakefulness and decrease those times of unawareness.

The book makes a distinction about help. Suggesting that many times when we think of ourselves as needing help that we tend to give our power away to outside sources, but what we are truly being asked to do now is to recognize that the essential help we need in practically any situation comes from the divine self within, and what we are doing here is practicing our awareness of that divine connection. I was reminding quite often in this section of that wonderful quote from A Course in Miracles “In my defenselessness my safety lies.” I do not realize it but it often my fear what might happen contributes to creating what I am afraid my happen.


“Every man and woman on this planet only wants to be loved. That is all they want, whether or not they will admit it. All they want is love. And what love truly is, is true acceptance regardless of who or what they think or they believe they may have been, done, seen, or anything else. So we offer you this:
“I am now choosing to see my neighbor, to see all those before me in love. And I know that love is unconditional acceptance.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2