RE-MEMBER 5


                              RE-MEMBER 5

P. 286-293

“Today we want to teach you something. And what we will teach you is love as embodying love. Now we have taught you before what love is, and today we want to give you an experience of it. And this teaching in love will give you an opportunity to recognize yourself as the loved one in creation.
“I am now choosing to remember myself as the loved one in creation. Word I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”


 The lesson here is choosing to be LOVE. Not just choosing to be loving, but to BE LOVE. That is another way of saying "being who you are." When I choose to proclaim "I am love through those I see before me", I am choosing to acknowledge the essence of my own being and of yours as well. In this state of mind there is no separateness. As line from a song goes "I can't hold my brother in the dark and expect to see the light." Or as Merton put it the arrow with which I shoot my enemy has to pass through my own heart first.

It is obvious here we are going beyond and deeper than words. This is a challenge because my thinking mind, my intellect, would like to be able to understand all of this on its own terms. As we have noted before this will not happen. We use words as a springboard to a deeper understanding beyond the thinking mind.

It would be is if we were telling another person, "I love you," and meaning that with all of our heart. The words themselves can only convey a very limited meaning behind what we are attempting to express. The words are not wrong, they are simply limited. And the mind cannot grasp the essence of love nor can you express it through words or ideas.

This chapter often speaks of being in "alignment with divine will." Certainly our willingness and our intention have a powerful role to play in this alignment. It is also extremely helpful if we can be more and more aware of the experience of love which is present within us. This is not an emotional response. I can be loving without necessarily feeling it.

One of the ways we can practice this alignment is by going in our mind to a time when we experienced ourselves as been Love and loving. Here is a wonderful positive use of the thinking mind. To use it as a device to become consciously aware of an inner experience. The mind will associate that experience with particular people, places and things and yet in reality those are unnecessary attachments. We are not speaking of looking through areal or imagined photo album and fondly remembering some past events. No, we are speaking of touching an inner experience of love and loving. That experience remains alive and active inside of you no matter how much time might have past. Touching that experience, living with it, can open you more to the truth of who you are as an aspect and expression of divine love.

This book and the energy we help create in our classes are also wonderful manifestations of this truth of Love.

Although we are speaking of "re-membering," the truth is that what we are seeking is already here. A Course in Miracles refers to a process known as "Atonement." It also expresses that this is only necessary as a steppingstone to experiencing who we truly are. The truth of our divine being has never changed. 

I would suggest thinking about this last quote from the book I'm pondering it for a while:

“Some of you may go through a process of disillusionment as you go forward on this journey, and this will happen for several reasons. You will begin to realize that what you thought was so may not be so, and you will believe for a period of time that you cannot trust what you know as a result of this. This is actually a good thing. It’s actually a way of your releasing your attachment to the past and living in the empty space that will then be filled with truth. But it is not always an easy process.”

Peace






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2