I AM THE WELL #2

p. 213-218

I have to say that I felt profoundly blessed during Sunday's lesson. There was an experience that came to me as I was attempting to describe some of the material  and that was an image and a deep sense of this paradoxical state that we can be in sometimes during our spiritual work.

I recall I was speaking of desire, and as the book pointed out we are not condemning the desires of the body or the ego, but to be aware how easily we can fall into that state of yearning and desire and miss what it is that we really truly are drawn to. 
I was taking off from the book itself, and I began to speak about what I was calling “desires of the soul” )even though the word ‘desire’ is not quite right it's the best we can). I was reminded of that wonderful quote from Augustine “Lord, You have made our hearts are restless and they will never rest until they rest in Thee.” There is a desire within soul to embrace and to be embraced by that sense of Oneness, of unity, or we might say the realization of Oneness and unity. That is one side of things, but there is another and that it is only by surrender that we can open ourselves to experiencing that goal of Oneness.

I had a sense or a vision what it would be like to be held within those two energies—the desire of the soul and surrender. What a profound moment! And I thought to myself perhaps this is what enlightenment means. At every moment to be on that edge of my desire for Oneness and my surrender. That was such a powerful realization for me, and it could not have happened all by myself. So I thank you for your participation in that awareness and a gift.

“I am now allowing myself to go into union with my own Divine Self, and I affirm now, once and for all, that I am loved, and I am allowing love, and I am now in this moment in union with my Divine Self. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”

I guess a simple way of explaining or describing this week’s lesson is to realize that most of the needs I've become wrapped up in are you reflection of fear. No we are not usually aware of that, and so I might express the thought this way: that many of our needs are reflections of scarcity or lack. (which is an expression of fear).

And so back to being The Well, that is now being uncovered so it can water that dry and parched landscape. I was thinking that dry and parched landscape might be a good metaphor for a life that has no purpose or for one that is lost in cynicism or trapped in the illusion that material things can you feed the spirit. 
But today you are the Well the well living water (and if you would like to explore that idea a little bit more you might want to read the passage in John's Gospel about the woman at the well. It is a very short simple story but if you sit with it and meditate with that you might find there are some treasures that are uncovered for you‚.

You are the Well of living water and as such you are connected to the Source and so whatever you give, whatever you share in love is endless, infinite, there is always enough. 

And of course as with all spiritual lessons this is about love loving.


“And we have said to you that the bedrock, the obstacles that have been keeping you from your love can be accessed and broken through with the action of the divine, which is Word. “I am Word through those things that have impeded my ability to access myself as love.”
And then we have told you that as you do this, you bring that love to you and you allow it to be you. “I am in my love.” And as you are your love, you draw to you those people, those things that resonate with that love.
It is very, very simple. It is not impossible and only, if you wish, accessible to you through your own willingness to respond to this call. Are you willing now to believe that you can be loved by you? Yes? Yes? Yes?
That’s it. Let it be so.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2