AMPLIFYING LOVE 3

P. 31-37
this lesson includes two Sundays 12/27 and 1/3

As I reviewed this text, I was reminded of Marianne Williamson quoting ACIM, “You do not ask for too much; you ask for too little.” 

I also thought of how diminished our language is in its expression of such things as Love. 

The Jungian analyst Robert Johnson expressed it this way:

The first difficulty we meet in discussing anything concerning the feeling function is that we have no adequate vocabulary to use. Where there is no terminology, there is no consciousness. A poverty-stricken vocabulary for any subject is an immediate admission that the subject is inferior or depreciated in that society. Sanskrit has ninety-six words for love; ancient Persian has eighty)", Greek three, and English only one. This is indicative of the poverty of awareness or emphasis that we give to that tremendously important realm of feeling. Eskimos have thirty words for snow, because it is a life-and- death matter for them to have exact information about the element they live with 50 intimately. If we had a vocabulary of thirty words for love and matters of feeling, we would immediately be richer and more intelligent in this human element so close to our heart. An Eskimo probably would die of clumsiness if he had only one word for snow; we are close to dying of loneliness because we have only one word for love.

And because our language is so impoverished we can say, 
“I love my new car; I love the taste of chocolate; I love you; I love sunsets; I love the smell of Springtime; and one and on.” 
We know we mean something different with all those different “loves” but we cannot really explain it.

“We will give this to you again. You have made love small. You have made love an ideal that is stuffed with candy and rests in a box. You have made love a discerning issue. “I will give my love to this guy because he’s got what I want,” or “I will give my love to my child because my child deserves my love,” or “I will love the couch I just bought because it’s a great couch,” or “I will love my job because if I don’t, somebody else is gonna take it from me.”

“Guess what, everybody? None of that, in truth, is love. They are all aspects of ego seeking to control or to dictate a frequency that, in truth, cannot be dictated. You can no longer create love from a cookie cutter that excludes the fabric that is around it. You can no longer love John and not love Fred. You can no longer love Frances and hold Jonathan outside of love. You can no longer hold your culture in love while claiming that another culture cannot be in love because you disapprove of their actions. You cannot do this, anymore.”

So, at the top of our list here is opening ourselves to an understanding* of what love truly is and how to practice that ideal.

An essential realization is that we are operating out of a deep sense of Self that is one with God, one with Love. We are all working on making that more conscious. “Word I am Word in being the love that I am.”

As so often happens in these books, Paul serves as a student and a teacher. He exclaims that he cannot possibly live up to this ideal.
What is then expressed by the guides is that self-depreciation, or any limitations we put on love comes from the ego, our limited self-centered nature. 
Now it might seem contradictory that the ego which seems to be so enamored of itself would be putting out messages of self-doubt and hate, but since when has the ego ever been consistent in it messages????


“Yes, I am worthy of love, and I understand now that the belief that I am not allowed love by myself is an act of fear, and is the ego seeking to maintain jurisdiction of my light to prevent me from full realization of my Divine Self and all of the wonder that it would bring to me,” you can say, “I am free of this fear as I say it. I am free. I am free. I am free.”
Now we want to give an affirmation to all of you who hold yourselves as unworthy of your love. And we say this with you now:
“I am Word through this intention to release any and all creations that have kept me from my belief, and from my knowing, and from my honestly accepting my worth as a child of the Creator. And I am now aligning myself to new belief systems that will align me to my own ability to love, to be loved, and to allow myself to serve as a transmission of frequency as love. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”

“I am Word through this intention to release any and all creations that have kept me from my belief, and from my knowing, and from my honestly accepting my worth as a child of the Creator. And I am now aligning myself to new belief systems that will align me to my own ability to love, to be loved, and to allow myself to serve as a transmission of frequency as love. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.”

Again, this work is not about feelings. It is about intention. Be aware of your intention and your willingness, all else follows. (Your feelings will eventually catch up, or become irrelevant.

And so what will happen when we put this into practice? What will change, in me and in the world?


“When you walk down the street and you are in the frequency of love, your frequency, which is a high frequency, counterbalances that which it encounters and you become an active force healing and supporting the frequencies of those that you encounter. Paul has a woman he works with in his group who was instructed last week to walk down the street as if she was dancing in frequency with all that she encountered. In fact, what she was being told to do was to be engaging in frequency with all she encountered, as and in the vibration of love that she has successfully begun to anchor into her consciousness.
So as you do this, as you walk down the street and you encounter others, you bring their frequency to a new level of enlightenment. Now this does not mean they will stop on the street corner and break into song or blast off in a beam of light. What it simply means is that, on a frequency level, their systems will now be attuned to this new awareness that blesses them and gives them the opportunity to renegotiate their own frequency to bring it to the higher plane. This is always done when the higher frequency meets the lower. The higher frequency has the ability to shift the lower and this is not done necessarily through conscious intention, although it will be enhanced through your understanding at this stage of your development that it can be so.”

So not only are you affecting yourself, you are affecting all beings and everything around you.

The guides mention that wonderful gospel story where the woman reaches out to touch Jesus’ robe, saying to herself, “If I but touch the hem of his garment I shall be healed.”

Jesus was always “dancing down the street”—touching everyone and everything with love. Not everyone could see that, but no matter what, all were touched.

Another bonus is that the old stuff (thoughts, ideas, behaviors, addictions) no longer sticks to you. Old forms of negativity cannot touch the higher frequencies. Taking addictions as an example. One of reasons why 12 step recovery programs can be so successful is that the steps themselves and meetings create a higher frequency than the addict usually experiences. When we respond lovingly and acceptingly to these higher frequencies, the old stuff can no longer stick. The “old stuff” doesn’t disappear, it is still there, and it can and will stick if we get into low frequency mode (like getting too hungry, angry, lonely or tired), but we also are given tools to raise our level of frequency—that is why addicts are often told—read the book, go to meetings, talk with our sponsor and tell the truth.”—all things which can bring us from  lower to a higher frequency.

Lastly in this lesson we are presented with a continuing conundrum; “I can only do this by myself, and at the same time I need help.”

In the past this was expressed by calling ourselves sinners**. Well, we’ve change the vocabulary, but realizing we need help is neither wrong or debasing, it’s just a matter of fact.

Look at what we are doing right now—we are reading a book created by  Spirit guides who are dedicated to helping us/the human race to evolve more lovingly!


“Yes, I am worthy. Yes, I am in need, and I honor the need by accepting the gift I am being given. I am Word through my intention to honor myself as my Divine Self. I am Word through my obligation to love myself as a creation of God embodied. I am Word through my love of myself, and I allow this love to extend to all that I see before me. My consciousness is changed through this intention. I am Word. I am Word. I am Word.”


*this is not an understanding of the mind so much as it is of the heart.

**if you recall, the original meaning of the word which is so often translated as sin is “missing the mark.” and we all do that. It was not meant to be a put-down, simply an acknowledgment of the truth. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2