IDENTITY AND KNOWING 1

                      IDENTITY AND KNOWING 1

p. 178-181

There is a difference between being in my knowing and thinking about being in my knowing. As i am working with this section, I realize that the prayers/affirmations are statements of truth rather than something we are attempting to create. 
For instance, saying and affirming that “I am a Divine child of God” is quite different from living from that truth. When I am living from the truth of my Divine heritage, I am not thinking about it. I am not reflecting, “Hey I’m in my Divine Sonship right now.”  I am just in it. Perhaps a more human example is when I am loving somebody, I am not reflecting or thinking about loving this person. I am just simply loving them. Now with this example, I can reflect on how much I do love this person, and that is a very true reflection, but it is not the same as being in the experience of loving.

Kurt Vonnegut’s book Deadeye Dick begins: “To the as-yet-unborn, to all innocent wisps of undifferentiated nothingness: Watch out for life. I have caught life. I have come down with life. I was a wisp of undifferentiated nothingness, and then a little peephole opened quite suddenly. Light and sound poured in. Voices began to describe me and my surroundings. Nothing they said could be appealed. They said I was a boy named Rudolph Waltz, and that was that. They said the year was 1932, arid that was that. They said I was in Midland City, Ohio, and that was that. They never shut up. Year after year they piled detail upon detail. They do it still. You know what they say now? They say the year is 1982, and that I am fifty years old. Blah blah blah.   Vonnegut, Kurt (2011-08-21). Deadeye Dick (p. 1)

Of course you could substitute your own name above.

Ram Dass describes this process by suggesting that the moment we are born we go into “people training.” Everyone starts telling us who we are. The difficulty is that all the people do not know who they are!

I believe one of eh keys to “getting” this is to realize that “Divine child of God” is not another label, it is a statement of Truth. All the rest we have learned about ourselves are labels, bumper stickers, extremely limited and mostly false perceptions of who we truly are.

So a huge part of this work is the willingness to let go of this old and useless information.  

“So right now, accept the fact that what you see in the mirror is you, but how you perceive you, how you decide you, is very much based on external information that has absolutely not a thing to do with you. Nothing. Why would you believe it? Why would anyone? And if you can see right now that this is the level of agreement that you have gone into with cultural approval and systematized beliefs, you would change it in a second if you could. Can you? Yes. You are. You are changing these beliefs right now as you begin to monitor them and see them for what they are.”

Now, of course, your thinking mind will question all this stuff, and try to figure it out? And ask questions such as, “How do I know I am in my knowing?: “how do I know I am operating from Divine mind?” What you do not realize is that this is your limited mind asking your limited mind questions that it cannot answer.

Your faith and trust need to be operating here. First of all you would not have been sticking with this work for this long unless it was meaningful to your soul. Secondly, as has been stated many times before,this is not work of the mind, nor can it be understood with the mortal mind.

Do you know you have a connection with the Divine? Do you know that connection exists even if you don;t feel it and even if your are forgetful of it? (You are not thinking or aware of the chair you are siting in, but it is still there. Imagine what it would be like if the hair were to disappear as soon as you became unaware of it!!)

The writing in the book itself and the prayers and affirmations we recite together create an energy, a frequency that not only raises our awareness of our Divine nature, but also moves that awareness to the forefront. So our faith tells us that all of this is happening right now.
As we begin to drop our identification of these various roles we have taken on, we also become aware that there are all sorts of rules and regulations that we have bought into for the sake of fitting in. We are being asked to examine those and let them go as well.

Now the outside of me, how I look/appear and even how I act might not change significantly. I do not have to walk around with no clothes or wear robes or try to look like Jesus. There are many saints, awakened ones who are living, leading very commonplace, simple lives. 

It is perfectly fine to be politically correct if you choose to be, but do it out of love,not out of fear or what you think other people might think.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2