I AM WORTHY 2

Pages 260-262

We are continuing to speak of manifestation. We have received lessons in the past with such things as the book and the movie called "The Secret" that have focused on this whole concept of manifestation, and even though the focus was much more on the material world--things like physical objects, and jobs, money, etc. the principles remain the same. However we are instructed here that it is very easy to use wonderful marvelous spiritual tool like manifestation for something or somethings that don't necessarily bring us to growth and spiritual awareness. In fact, they can distract us from that awareness. (Something interesting just happened here: I've been dictating for about another 10 minutes or so and the entire dictation disappeared, so I guess I'm supposed to do it again and there's obviously something I'm supposed to be learning here that I missed or need to be reinforced .

An often misquoted piece of scripture is that "Money is the root of all evil." The correct quote is "The love of money is the root of all evil." In other words, we are speaking of attachment here rather than the thing itself.  After manifestation, or after something shows up in our lives, we giver it value, we put a "price tag"on it. Not just a material value, but even deeper than that sometimes: "I can't live without..." "I don't know what I would do without..."
After we give something value, many times the value we given creates an attachment.

You recall the story of the rich young man we talked about last week. After Jesus suggested she "go sell what you have..." , the young man walked away sadly because he had many possessions. And the essence of that is not that it's wrong to have possessions, the essence of the teaching is his attachment to those things, or maybe even better said his identity with those things, compelled him to keep them. In other words, he thought the money and material things he owned the money on some level defined his truth or defined himself as who is.

And I think most of us might be aware of how that could affect us in some ways. How we become attached to the roles in our lives; how we give them a certain value that in some ways increases our attachment to them, and much of our attachment to them comes from our identification to them. In other words, if I lose them, those pieces of identity, those roles that I have become attached to it, somehow or another. I am going to lose or diminish my sense of self.

Of course the truth is that we are dealing with here so often is that you are a child of God that is your true identity that can never change. You can never be depleted it can never be taken away. We can pretend it's not there; we can hide from it, and we can act as if it's not true, but none of that is going to change that basic truth I am/you are a child of God. 
This next section lends itself to a meditation about release and letting go, and what I am going to do is I am going to try to embed a sound recording of the meditation either within this particular blog or have a link that you can go to in order to be able to listen to and perhaps practice that particular meditation. So let us close with the reading from the book reinforcing the idea: 

"I am now choosing to divest myself of those things that are without worth in my values. And I am choosing to call to me now, in my knowing of my own divine worth, those things that I required to move me forward in consciousness. I am now choosing to realign my values to a higher level of perception, so that I may receive the gifts of spirit and understand that they are in fact presents and not things that I own. As I am understanding my relationship to those things I have possessed and will release and will gain again, I am free of my attachments to those things that would keep me bound in this physical reality. I am Word through this intention. Word I am Word.

That particular prayer and meditation or affirmation says it perfectly. For one thing I am asked to understand that even when I release something I've gained it again. In fact, it's kind of interesting that if I let go or release my my ownership or my attachment to something I can probably enjoy it even more than I could before.


I have had times in my life when I have purchased something I considered to be of great value and instead of really enjoying it, I sort of locked it away in a museum vault to keep it safe. How ridiculous is that? The other piece is I can become free of my attachments to those things that would keep me bound to the physical reality. In other words I can appreciate myself more as a spiritual being and participating in the physical reality of things without necessarily being grounded or controlled by them. Reflecting that often quoted idea of "being in the world but not of it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2