AWARENESS IN CONGRUENCE 4

P. 11-16

Just to repeat this profound principle: 

“you have to become very aware of the aspect of the self that you are choosing to create from.”

In the past when we spoke of manifestation, transformation or creating, if it didn’t work, then we were told we weren’t trying hard enough or that we were doing it wrong. 

Above we have a key element—we create from the mind set that we are standing in right now. 

The question becomes how do I change my mind? If I am used to living in scarcity, lack or victimhood, how do I turn that around? 

The simplest answer is that I become aware that I choose the thoughts I hold onto. As soon as I become aware that I am holding onto and “feeding” negative ideas, I move a better idea, thought, or affirmation in its place.

I am often reminded of an an essential piece of Unity belief and history. Myrtle Filmore was diagnosed with TB and literally given a death sentence. Through a number of influences she created the affirmation, “I am a Divine child of God; I do not inherit illness.” According to her body and the doctors, that was not true, yet, but she affirmed that as a spiritual truth over and over, until it became a reality in the physical world. She claimed that as her truth, and did not let any other thoughts or ides interfere. 

Don’t get too caught up in this physical manifestation of healing, because sometimes the physical healing does not take place. As Margo and I studied various forms of energetic healing we were reminded by one of our teachers that there is a difference between healing and curing.

Curing means that the symptoms and the illness are removed. Healing can mean a number of things—being at peace with what is or using my illness as a teacher for myself and others.

I remember  Ram Dass (after suffering a severe stroke) saying after he had a session with John of God (a mystical healer from Brazil), that he knew he was healed, but not cured. His body still had the paralysis, and he still had difficulty finding the correct words to express himself, but he was perfectly at peace with what was happening. (Perhaps we could say, living fully in the realization that “I am not my body”).

“you begin to understand quickly, on a level of consciousness, that what you have created is your choice, you begin to make other choices.”

Up until now we have primarily spoken about individual creation, but there is also this whole milieux that we live in that has been created by collective consciousness.

A simple exploration will open us to realizing that the world created by the intellect will always be a world of duality—right, wrong; good, bad; peace, war; love, hate, etc.
This is how we have identified ourselves as a species, as a race:  self=intellect.
Until we find another place to stand, another way of defining ourselves, we will remain in this dualistic world of our own creation.

Now when we begin to transform our view of ourselves, Self=Spirit=God=Love, the whole thing changes. When we begin to claim that as truth, we are not just saying the words, we are making a commitment to practice that truth—to do everything in our power to make it more and more real.

And this is happening. Only a few years ago, the world “spiritual” was rarely used. Now it is an accepted ripple and is even beginning to take the place of “religious.” 
Today we have thousands of little groups doing a similar kind of study and commitment that we are doing here. That is amazing! This work raises the frequency of all beings, it make that equation above even more meaningful. 

“Once you understand that it is a creation of your own, you suddenly imagine that there may be other possibilities outside of the framework that you choose to exist in.”

“Now as you call these things to you, the boundary of the dimensional shift begins to change and what you do is expand your consciousness to extend beyond your room, and your neighborhood and your dimension, to extend to higher realms to access those aspects of the self that are about to be brought into form.” (and we are doing this all the time. we are now being asked to raise this to a conscious level.

On Sunday morning I gave an example of how our internal attitude changes the entries focus of an external situation. 
Let us suppose you decided you need to do a good body cleanse and so you arranged to go on a fast for three days, even though the first day might have been difficult, the second day was easier and the third day you almost convinced yourself you probably never needed to eat again. (But if your like me, at the end of day 3 you are probably ready to pick up some eating utensils again.)

Let’s imagine that on day 3 when you are feeling really good and good about yourself, you run into a homeless guy who has a beat up cardboard sign that says “Please, help, I haven’t eating in three days.”

Get the difference? You might not be able to define it, but the energy is entirely different around those two situations, even though the physical aspects are the same.

The next section focuses on being very honest with ourselves and to see what in our lives  we have created, bought, collected, out of fear. This is not a judgment; it is a deeper awareness. Each one of us must look around dh answer this one for ourselves. 
What I discovered was that as soon as I start rationalizing, I was probably operating out of fear.  (Well, I really needed it at the time; it wasn’t really fear or lack that motivated me, I was just being practical; it was just something I wanted; the real question is why did I want it?)

The last piece of Sunday;s work is really challenging. It basically says “anything that I am trying to create is something that I think I need (that I do not already have), and therefore a creation from fear and lack

“So you have seen yourself in an idealized future life. And we will tell you now that those creations that you just chose, however well intentioned, are also born out of fear that you will not have them. If you already had them in your lives now, this would not be an issue. But those things that you say that you want, that you do not have, quite simply mean that your consciousness, at this stage of development, today, does not require that you have them. And we will tell you this: The likelihood of why you don’t have them would be because you don’t believe you deserve them, or you are afraid to have them, or you believe that if you did have them, something terrible would happen to you”


I would encourage us all to study this one, and then to focus on something that is really important, like self-worth; self love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2