MANIFESTATION 2

p. 334-5

Much of our discussion today centered around getting past the personality self or the limited ego consciousness so that we could be more in alignment with our true nature.

Here is the difficulty or the problem we run into, we are attempting to change or transform our limited ego consciousness by using our limited ego consciousness. When we put it in those terms is quite obvious that what we are trying to do or the method we are using will not work. However, it is a trap we fall into all too often and leads to a tremendous amount of frustration and sometimes helplessness.

Time and again we are encouraged to realize that we are not creating a divine nature nor are we even trying to find it. It is already found. Much of our job is to first recognize that our perception of ourselves and others is limited. That we are caught in identifying them as well as ourselves through our personality or ego structures. When we discover this, we often find ourselves getting into a struggle and trying to root out these erroneous ideas. All that does however is to give our anger and our frustration more energy. I shared with the group that bumper sticker I saw you years ago “If you are not outraged you're not paying attention” and how I agreed with that and how energized I felt. It was marvelous to share my outrage with some other people, but then I had to ask where was this outrage getting me. What did it produce; what did it manifest? Of course the answer to that question was that my outrage simply produced more outrage. No solution just, more of a problem.

It is all too often that we see surrender or letting go as being passive in nature. Perhaps in the material world that is true. I heard a wise person say one time that surrender in war is a declaration then we have lost; surrender in spirit is in alignment with true power.

Again one of the difficulties that are arises here is that my ego sees surrender as being defeated; the ego will never comprehend the “thinking” of the soul . To the ego turning the other cheek is a sign of weakness and being a doormat. To the soul it is the ultimate strength for being able to love the unlovable and of valuing peace more than any kind of revenge or retribution. Which is more powerful reacting to hatred with love or blowing your enemy away with a machine gun?

We also run into confusion with our feelings and our emotions. We have been taught so often that are feelings and our emotions are you reflection of our true nature. That feelings and emotions our a way of measuring and discovering where we are at. We do not deny the importance of feelings or emotions nor do we deny that they need to be processed, to be worked with, to be work through. What we do suggest is that feelings are, for the most part, learned “knee-jerk reactions” to various life situations, and many of these reflexive responses are unconscious. Our feelings are simply that, they are our feelings. They are not a measurement or a definition of your spirituality. They are not you are.

And so if you feel far away from God for example that is true, you feel far away from God, but that does not mean that you are far away from God. Your feeling is not the definition of truth; it is not a definition of reality. It is simply the result of thoughts and various complex responses that are going on within you at this particular moment. You are certainly aware that all of that can change maybe even in a second from now.

You have probably discovered yourself that there are times in your life when you do not feel like loving and yet you realize that you can still choose to love. This is what we might call the work of the spiritual warrior. To love when you do not feel like loving, to share peacefulness when you don't feel peaceful, to be joyful and grateful when you do not feel that way. All of these are choices.

Now the ego, the limited sense of self responds by saying, “That's phony you are trying to be something or someone you are not.” That is only true if your feelings define you, if your feelings define your truth. What kind of an awful world would we be living in if we decided that we always had to respond to what we were feeling. I am not sure about you but I would be in jail, and I imagine you would to.

I apologize if that seems quite long-winded, but it touches on a reality that seems to move through me at times. Take for example having someone in your life, a friend, partner, or even a political figure who simply triggers anger, outrage, confusion and conflict. The first thing the ego tells us is that we should not feel that way because we were told we weren't supposed to. That obviously gets us nowhere because denial of the feeling doesn't help to heal or release it. So I have the feeling, what do I do with it? If I choose to, I began to become aware that my feelings are primarily about this individual's personality self, in other words, thier ego. I also recognize that is only my ego that recognizes theirs.

If I am willing to, I can recognize, at least in thought, and despite all evidence to the contrary, this person is also an divine child of God. I might not be able to feel it; I might not be able to see it, but on some level of my being I can know that it is true. I absolutely believe that none of us would be reading this or sitting in our class on Sunday morning unless there was a quality and energy within us that believed in some way or another that we are all divine children of God.

It has been emphasized throughout this book and many others like it, that the energy behind much of what we hold is true, is the energy of willingness and intention. I emphasize this because it is not the energy of feelings. That often quoted statements of the Roman official to Jesus, “Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief,” is such a beautiful example of this truth. Put in modern-day language, we might say “Lord I believe, but I also realize that my belief is lacking. It's not quite there yet; it's not quite there I would like to be. And the response was, again more in the vernacular, “That’s all I ask of you; it is enough.”

Even if I am having difficulty getting stuck with someone else's personality self I can still choose to hold them in the light, to surround them with light and love in my mind. Not so they change the way I think they should, but knowing somehow or another within the transformational power of love they will be touched. I do not know nor I am I in charge of how that person might respond, but I do know, and I know this with all my heart, that holding them in light is infinitely more beneficial been holding them in our rage and hatred. That is our choice.

“I can’t keep my brother in the dark and expect to see the light.” (from Hold the Light by Gerry Boylan)


“I am now accepting myself as in congruence with my own Divine Self. And I accept through my seven charkas, above me and below, that which is required to align myself once more to this truth: I am Word. I am Word. I am Word.”

Now we bring to you each the Creator. Now we bring to you each your knowing of yourself as at one with All That Is. Now we accept you as you truly are: as an ambitious perfect expression of the Divine Knowing come into form. I am Word. I am Word. I am Word.
Accept, everyone, if you would, through the bodies you stand in. Open your arms if you wish, but accept yourself as at one with the love of your God. Call the God whatever you like, but God is love and that is the truth. As you express this love in your life, you stand in the river. You stand to your knees. You stand to your hips and your chest. And then you are embraced in wholeness as you are carried to the sea. We are with you now and we are carrying you there.“I am now accepting myself as being carried forth in unity through my life knowing and being into this sea of love. And I express myself in my knowing of this as so. And I now say this is so because I am in my knowing, I am letting myself become what I am: a frequency of the Divine Love that wants to say, ‘I am Word.’”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOMINION OF LOVE 5

FREQUENCY AND CREATION 1

THE DOMINION OF LOVE 2